CERTIFIED MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER (CMOM)
Live Virtual Course and Online Exam
August 3, 10, 17 & 24
9:00am - 4:00pm
Full CMOM Curriculum, Live On Your Computer! Get the benefits of live training on your desktop. This course also includes a comprehensive course manual with end of module quizzes, sample test questions, and the online proctored certification exam.
Registration Fee $999 Includes Course Materials & Online Exam
When August 3 - 24, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Where Live Virtual Class - Log-in From Your Computer
Enter your Last Name and Confirmation ID to review your record.
CMOM teaches practical administrative skills that lead to improved communication with providers, third-party payers, patients, and business associates. Learn guidelines and examples that will improve decision-making and tactical skills. Graduates of this program will be better prepared to manage risk, motivate employees and improve the financial outlook in a medical office.
The CMOM Curriculum will cover the following:
Practice Management • Review of practice administration roles and responsibilities
• Facility, operational and time management
• Employee relations, laws and guidelines
• Employee handbook and business policies
• Administration of medical records and patient relations
• Labor regulations and reporting requirements
• Terminating the patient/provider relationship
Personnel Management • Creating effective job descriptions, interviewing, and hiring tips
• Team building and managing conflicts
• Handling staff grievances, evaluations and performance issues
• Compensation and benefits packages attract talent and minimize turnover
• Proper maintenance of employee personnel files (e.g. Form I-9)
• Goal setting and conducting effective staff meetings
• Termination procedures and the exit interview
Financial Management • Budget planning, cost analysis and forecasting
• Examining contracts and fee schedule
• Patient education, verification, and collections procedures
• Financial reporting, calculations, and controls
• Developing and maintaining a budget
• Revenue and cost accounting
Compliance Requirements • MACRA and the Quality Payment Program
• HIPAA and OSHA compliance
• Implementing the OIG’s recommended compliance program
• Policies and procedures that inhibit fraud/abuse
• Identifying and controlling the risk of medical identity theft
• Legal protections and risk management guidelines
Managed Care Delivery System • Physician credentialing and privileging
• Contract evaluation and negotiation
• Calculating the right patient-payer mix for your office
• Physician Utilization Committee review process
• Utilization review procedures and the PUC
• HMO, IPA, MSO, PPO definition, purpose and analysis
• Assigning an internal managed care coordinator
• Health insurance exchanges
• Value-based care models and quality metrics
Course Prerequisite: Candidates for CMOM certification should have a minimum of one year of experience working in a medical practice. Participants with less than one year of experience should complete supplemental medical office training prior to enrolling in this program.
Required Class Materials: A full course manual will be provided. No supplementary reference materials are required for this program. A calculator is recommended. For added support, participants may elect to purchase the pre-recorded lecture (stream online) for an additional $299, available with live class enrollment. Testimonial:
I had a wonderful experience with the CMOM class. The instructor knew the material, gave great examples to aid in understanding of what was being taught, and gave clear insight for what to expect from the class. Everything that was covered in the training I have encountered as a practice manager. With the information that I learned, it has prepared me and enabled me to communicate more effectively with the providers, staff, and patients. I now have administrative skills I didn’t have before. I learned proper office guidelines, compliances, improved my decision-making skills and time management skills. The CMOM training helps you understand managing risk, motivating your staff and the financial outlook of your medical office. It teaches on making your office and providers more productive and profitable for your practice. You learn human resource information that will be very useful. It touches on coding and reimbursement. It also demonstrates to providers, your employer, and business associates that as a CMOM you know what to do as a manager and it is a highly recognized certification. Even after the training, PMI still keeps in touch with you to provide you with different types of training to benefit from. I most definitely recommend the CMOM class to anyone interested in getting started as a medical office manager. It just simply opens the door for a great future in the medical field and more learning opportunities.
Daphne Kigler, CMOM
Registration Fee Includes Instructional Materials and Online Exam
Payment in full must be completed at least 7 days prior to start of course.
Contact Lynn Robinson at email@example.com with questions.
Cancellations will result in a credit voucher good within a year of issuance. A refund less 20% processing fee may be requested if cancellation is received at least 7 days prior to the program. More details on this policy are posted at www.pmiMD.com/policies.asp.