Enter your Last Name and Confirmation ID to review your record.
The 16th Annual Virginia Farm Bureau Young Farmers Summer Expo
“Farming on the Edge” - July 30-31, 2021
Warrenton, Virginia touring Fauquier and Prince William Counties!
Thank you to our sponsors - Fauquier County Farm Bureau, Virginia's Farm Credit Associations and Virginia Farm Bureau. All programs are offered at no cost to participants thanks to the generous support of these organizations!
Friday – July 30th:
Morning Arrival Tours – starting around 9:00 AM near Warrenton (turf farm & farm market)
Boxed Lunches available on tour and at Fairgrounds
Afternoon – 4th Governor Candidates Forum for Agriculture Hosted by VAFB Young Farmers
5-6:00 PM Hotel check-in – Holiday Inn Express in Warrenton; 410 Holiday Ct, Warrenton 20186
- Fauquier County Fairgrounds – Warrenton
- Hear agricultural platform from major party candidates for Virginia’s Governor race and learn about our Farm Bureau AgPAC!
- Business casual attire is expected!
6:30 PM Dinner Program at Fauquier Springs Country Club (Expo Registration/T-shirts)
- Rate $95 per night plus tax
Doors open by 6 PM and a cash bar will be available -- this is a beautiful location and does have a dress policy, so business casual will be required. 9236 TOURNAMENT DRIVE WARRENTON, VA 20186
Saturday – July 31st:
- Collegiate FB & HS Students meet - discuss College Ag Options/Collegiate YF’s
- Keynote speaker “The Calf Vet”, Dr. Marissa Hake
6:30 AM – Breakfast at the hotel or on your own
7:30 AM – Fauquier Fairgrounds – Contest and Expo Registration
8:00 AM- Young Farmers Contests begin
- Outstanding Young Agriculturalist Finalist Speeches
- YF Discussion Meet – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions/resources
- Young Farmers Excellence in Agriculture Presentations (location Holiday Inn Express conf room)
10:00 AM Opening General Session
- Safety Program – tractor & equipment safety or other - TBD
10:45 AM Snack and Networking break
- Welcome and introductions by the VAFB Young Farmers committee
- Keynote Panel – International Trade & Local Marketing Opportunities
11:00 AM Semi-Final Rounds of Discussion Meet and other contests finishing up as needed
11:45 – Legislator Panel – How to be more effective in sharing your story and discussing issues
12:15 – Lunch & Roundtable Discussions with State Legislators
12:45 PM – Reports from small groups
- Small group discussions to meet with Legislators
1:15 PM Depart for bus tours (final tours pending approval by businesses)
6:30 PM – Dinner at the Fauquier Springs Country Club
- Tour 1 – Bison Farm, Dairy, Ice Cream and a Farm CSA Brewery
- Virginia Bison Company, Cool Lawn Dairy Farm, Moo-thru ice cream, Powers Farm Brewery and CSA
- Tour 2 – Hydroponics; Flowers; Direct Marketing Produce; Beef
- TrueFarms LLC Hydroponics, Burnside Farms (sunflowers and tulips), Soldier Hill Angus
Sunday – August 1st:
- Young Farmers Contest Awards
- Keynote speakers from Farm Bureau Young Farmers national winners
- Ag in the Classroom Fun-raiser, networking, music, cash bar
9:00 AM The VAFB Young Farmers Committee meeting will take place in the Holiday Inn Express meeting room. All are welcome to join us before leaving town. Other local options will be posted.
Depart hotel by 11 AM.