** YOUTH ARE NOT PERMITTED TO HAVE OR USE CELL PHONES OR IPODS/MP3 PLAYERS WHILE IN CAMP **
This is a policy of the League of Ohio Sportsmen Foundation. Youth found with phones or electronics will have the item confiscated for the remainder of the program.
Camp is a three-day event, with check in starting at 5:00pm Friday, August 24, 2018. First year participants receive hands on instruction as well as classroom work. Second year participants will expand on their skills and sew a coonskin cap. Third year participants will sharpen their skills, practice on a more advanced level, participate in a pheasant hunt, and work on a project. Fourth year's participate in a woods walk where all of the skills they have learned the previous 3 years will be tested. They will also make a knife.
Shooting instruction includes archery, pistol, shotgun, .22, and muzzleloader, and high power rifle for advanced participants. Not all years will participate in all venues. Experienced, qualified instructors and personnel from the Divisions of Wildlife and Watercraft do instruction. Youth who have completed the four-year program are eligible to apply to return as a Junior Instructor.
Coonskin Cap Brigade activities are carried out rain or shine so rain gear and warm clothes are a must. 3rd and 4th year participants must have long pants/jeans. Bring toiletry items, towels, sleeping bags or linens with a warm blanket. Spending money is optional but quarters are needed for the pop and snack machines. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
To put on a program this comprehensive, it is necessary to call upon sponsors for assistance. Some of the help needed includes table set up, group leaders, dorm supervision, and clean up supervisors. We leave the camp cleaner than we found it. This is ALL attendees’ responsibility. NO ONE is to leave the camp until it is clean!
Each attending adult may sponsor up to three youths. All applications should be filled out completely and legibly. You may make as many copies of the registration form as needed. No application will be processed without payment of $100 per attendee attending. REGISTRATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY AUGUST 3 2018. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED! No refunds will be made for cancellations after August 19th. No registrations will be accepted at camp!
It is the responsibility of the attending adult sponsor to supervise their youths, including behavior, adherence to Camp rules, attendance at activities and classes, clean up, and their general well being. If the sponsor is not the parent or legal guardian of a youth, the sponsor must have a phone number where a parent or legal guardian can be reached in the event of an emergency. In the event that a youth is not riding with their sponsor or club, arrival for pickup is 4:30pm Sunday. The program will conclude before 5:00pm Sunday.
Coonskin Cap Brigade Rules:
- Badges are to be worn on outer clothing; clearly visible at all times. If your badge is not visible, you will
not be able to participate in your class activity.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times. 3rd and 4th Year Participants must bring long pants/jeans
- Participants are to attend all programs, activities, and classes on their schedule.
- ALL YOUTH (UNDER AGE 18) MUST BE IN THEIR DORM WITH LIGHTS OUT AT 10:00PM. NO
- YOUTH ARE NOT PERMITTED TO POSSESS CELL PHONES IN CAMP. PLEASE LEAVE ELECTRONICS IN YOUR VEHICLE OR AT HOME.
- ONLY REGISTERED GUESTS OF THIS PROGRAM WILL BE PERMITTED IN CAMP AT ANY TIME.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED TO BE IN CAMP AND PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES OR YOU WILL BE
ASKED TO LEAVE AND PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING FUTURE EVENTS. ALL YOUTH, SPONSORS AND INSTRUCTORS MUST BE REGISTERED TO BE IN CAMP AND PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM.
- Parents or legal guardians who are not program participants are welcome to visit their child in camp.Please visit the camp office for a temporary registration badge on entering camp.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings and by anyone under 18 years of age. This includes all forms of electronic cigaratte or "vape" device. The possession and use of smokeless tobacco (dip or chew) by anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited.
- Alcohol is prohibited in camp during the program - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Possession of recreational drugs and dispensing of prescription drugs without proper authorization will
result in immediate expulsion.
- Use of ATV’s and golf carts is strictly prohibited to all youths and junior instructors.
- ATV’s and golf carts are to be used ONLY by approved instructors and camp personnel.
- No firearms are allowed in camp unless you are law enforcement or military on PAID duty. Disregard of
this rule will result in immediate expulsion from camp. Shotguns may be transported to the Field Trial
- Ammunition, except as noted above, will be provided by the Coonskin Cap Brigade. Anyone possessing ammunition will be expelled immediately from camp. You, your gear, and your vehicle may be subject to search by CCB personnel.
- Radios, tape decks, CD players, and other electronic games are not permitted in the dorms.
- All vehicles are to be parked in designated areas.
- Youth AND Sponsors are not permitted to leave camp except in an emergency or as part of a scheduled program. Disregard of this rule will result in immediate expulsion from camp.
- No food in the dorms for any reason; all food is to be consumed in the dining hall or outside.
- No canoes or boats are to be taken out except as part of your class.
- No pets are to be brought to camp.
- Disciplinary actions are at the discretion of the Program Committee.
- No refunds will be issued to anyone expelled from camp.